Why become a member of DPA?
The DPA Offers Numerous Benefits to its Members Including:
- monthly meetings that introduce networking opportunities in the form of mixers and special programs and events that promote and advocate the membership
- an email interactive listserve for sharing of ideas, answering of needs and questions and special announcements for programs and special events
- an easy to use membership directory listing contact information of each DPA member
- regular news updates that inform the membership about the industry, programs and opportunities available to members and the industry at large
- mentoring opportunities
- discounts to various industry functions
What does the DPA do for the Film and Video Industry at large?
Your membership fees go to promoting, defending and assisting the film and video industry in the city, the state and the nation. In 2007, the DPA spearheaded the film incentive effort in Texas, and with the help of others got important film incentives passed through the state legislature. With the DPA’s assistance and the founding of the Texas Motion Picture Alliance, film incentive work will continue on all fronts making Texas film and video competitive to other state incentives. Also in 2007, the DPA played an important role in the first AFI Dallas Film Festival. These are just two of the efforts that the DPA has supported in the Defense, Promotion and Assistance of the film and video industry in Texas.
The DPA is continuing to expand to actively include professional producers from the interactive and animation industries making the DPA a strategic and seminal force for producers.
Invest in Your Company's Future
The DPA is a good marketing investment for companies and individuals in film, video and multimedia production. And it is an avenue in which to develop great friendships and alliances to last for years to come. Please become a member so that you can begin to enjoy networking with this talented group of professionals!
For questions please contact:
Vice President of Membership